2-Piece Floating Rear Brake Rotor Upgrade Kit, Gen 1 & Gen 1.5 Audi R8 (4.2 V8 & 5.2 V10)
NVH is the measurement of how much noise, vibration, & harshness gets transmitted into the cabin of your vehicle. The 034Motorsport 2-Piece Brake Rotors transfer none to low amounts of noise to the cabin based on user feedback. This NVH is relative to the brake pad installed with the brake rotor. Different brake pads will have different resonances when passing over a rotor with slots, which can sometimes make a slight whirring noise. The sounds from these rotors are the direct result of the performance improvements they make to the braking. The J-slots release gas from under the brake pad, and the high-density directional aero veining in the rotors move substantial air, all resulting in more sounds of air moving. The installation of other suspension components can also affect the NVH transferred. NVH is subjective, so some users may find NVH to be increased or decreased from our rating. If you are experiencing higher than quoted NVH with this product, please email email@example.com for further assistance.
The 034Motorsport 356mmx32mm 2-Piece Floating Rear Brake Rotor Upgrade Kit for the Gen 1 & 1.5 Audi R8 is a complete replacement brake rotor kit, designed to work flawlessly with the factory rear calipers found on the Gen 1 & 1.5 Audi R8.
Weighing in at approximately 18.lbs, each rotor reduces rotational weight. While reducing weight, the rotor retains proper thermal mass in the rings to adequately capture, and dissipate heat.
The central hat portion of the 034Motorsport rotor is made of 6061-T6 aircraft specification aluminum. The disc is constructed out of a proprietary metal alloy that can withstand immense braking temperatures while holding form. The rotor utilizes 72 directionally curved vanes to forcefully flow cool air through the rotor to dissipate heat.
The face of the rotor utilizes J-Slot slots to clean the pad and surface of contaminants and allows hot pad outgassing, all while reducing overall braking noise compared to a traditional slotted rotor.
The rotor and hat have a floating mount system that utilizes high strength alloy steel bobbins. The pins take the load from braking actions while maintaining the axial and radial float between the hat and disc, allowing for safe expansion and contraction from heat.
- Lightweight Construction (18.0lb 034Motorsport Rotor)
- Floating, 2-Piece Design
- Aerospace Grade Aluminum Hats with Type III Hard Anodizing**
- CM-250 Special Alloy Rotor Rings
- J-slotted Friction Face
- OEM Fitment & Functionality
- 72 Curved Vanes Force Cooling Air through Brake Disc
- Floating Bobbins Mounting System
- Replaceable Rotor Rings
- Lower Long-term Maintenance Cost
- 034Motorsport 2-Piece Floating Rear Rotor Pair
OE PART INTERCHANGE:
- 420 615 601 J
|Audi||R8||2006-2015||42||V8 4.2L FSI|
|Audi||R8||2006-2015||42||V10 5.2L FSI|
The installation of your 2-Piece Floating Rear Brake Rotor Upgrade Kit, Gen 1 & Gen 1.5 R8 is straightforward and takes about one hour to complete. You can access our detailed installation guide by clicking the link below.
|Part Number Interchange||420 615 601 J|
- ZTF-R01 Forged Wheel Set, Gen 1 & Gen 1.5 Audi R8 (4.2 V8 & 5.2 V10)Special Price $2,452.50 Regular Price $2,725.00
- 034Motorsport T-Shirt, Audi R8 LinesAs low as $16.80 Regular Price $24.00
- 034Motorsport Women's T-Shirt, Audi R8 LinesAs low as $16.80 Regular Price $24.00
- 034Motorsport License Plate Frame - Powdercoated Stainless SteelSpecial Price $32.20 Regular Price $46.00
- 034Motorsport Dynamic+ Coffee MugSpecial Price $7.70 Regular Price $11.00
- ZTF-01 Coaster SetSpecial Price $15.40 Regular Price $22.00
- Dynamic+ Braking Packages, Gen 1 & Gen 1.5 Audi R8 (4.2 V8 & 5.2 V10)
From $1,940.00 Regular Price $2,269.00
To $2,058.85 Regular Price $2,408.00
Warning: This product may contain a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm.
Learn More: www.p65warnings.ca.gov