Catch Can Breather Kit, MkIV Volkswagen Golf/Jetta/GTI/GLI 1.8T
This complete recirculating catch can breather kit for the MkIV Volkswagen 1.8T offers bolt-in installation for stock applications and modified cars alike. Featuring our 034Motorsport "Vortex" breather can, this kit upgrades the factory PCV system to better separate oil vapor from crankcase gasses, ensuring adequate crankcase ventilation while helping prevent oil from entering the intake tract.
Complete breather kit for the 1.8T GTI, fully bolt in for stock application and fully modified cars. Neatly replaces the relay cluster mounted on the drivers side fire wall (adjacent to where the engine harness comes over the firewall), a direct bolt in no modifications required.
- 034Motorsport custom baffled Vortex breather can in black wrinklecoat. This design can is used in aircraft and motorsport applications to remove oil and water vapor from the crank case fumes. As crank case fumes are forced out, they enter the catch can tangentially, through centrifugal force causing heavier oil and water vapor to fling outward and drain down the walls of the can. This is a much more effective way of seperating oil and water vapor than most generic "catch cans"
- Full draining back to the block so the can never has to be drained, a 034Motorsport oil drain flange mounts between the oil pan and the turbo oil drain line to allow seperated oil to drain back to the sump.
- Molded reinforced silicone hoses for lifelong use and durability, large diameter hoses ensure restriction free crank case ventilation, catch can features 1" fittings for high flow.
- Full recirculation back into the intake for smog compliance, or can be implimented with an air filter on the catch can outlet to keep any oil fumes out of the intake system. Choose option below.
- All clamps, fittings and hardware required to install the kit in virtually any Mk4 VW 1.8T.
This catch can kit does not fit early AWD engine code cars.
Note: Vehicles running catch cans in below freezing temperatures are advised to remove the catch can during winter months to avoid freeze-up issues. Race cars that need to run catch cans in freezing conditions should take extra steps to prevent freeze-up such as an electric heater or cleaning out the system regularly. Take care when routing the lines and avoid drooping, as that can allow oil/water to collect and freeze.
The installation of your 034Motorsport MkIV Volkswagen 1.8T Catch Can Breather Kit is a relatively simple process that will take approximately 1-2 hours to complete. You can access our detailed installation guide by clicking the icon on the left.
Warning: This product may contain a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm.
Learn More: www.p65warnings.ca.gov