Dynamic+ Lowering Springs, Gen 1 & Gen 1.5 Audi R8 (4.2 V8 & 5.2 V10)
Developed specifically for the Gen 1 & Gen 1.5 Audi R8 equipped with Audi Magnetic Ride, Dynamic+ Lowering Springs are engineered to improve handling performance and deliver superb ride quality. Designed as a true no-compromise solution, Dynamic+ Lowering Springs provide an aggressive yet functional stance, and reward drivers with precise vehicle control and OEM+ comfort levels.During our intensive long-term testing, we saw no detriment to strut life or variable ride quality between the OEM suspension modes. These springs were engineered in-house and tested extensively before release to ensure that they deliver the ideal combination of performance, comfort, and reliability
Though there are other lower springs on the market, and more complicated coilovers that remove the magnetic shocks, there really isn’t a more functionally good looking solution on the market, especially for the cost.
Dynamic+ Lowering Springs were thoroughly tested on the street and track on 034Motorsport's 2014 Audi R8 4.2 Gen 1.5, and by independent Audi enthusiasts before release. 034Motorsport went through several variations of lowering spring, balancing handling, ride height, and comfort.
Each set of Dynamic+ Lowering Springs is manufactured in the USA at an ISO 9001 certified facility, and tested to 034Motorsport's exacting specifications to ensure they deliver unmatched performance for the discerning Audi R8 enthusiast
- Improved Handling Performance & Chassis Dynamics
- Reduced Body Roll & Understeer
- Superb Comfort and Ride Quality on the Street or Track
- Dynamic Stance with Optimal Wheel Gap and Visual Vehicle Attitude
- Lightweight, High-Strength Construction
- Compatible with Audi Adaptive Suspension
- Shot Peened & Powder Coated
- Made in USA at ISO 9001 Certified Facility
- ~30% increase in front - 815lbs/in (stock: 628 lbs/in)
- ~50% increase in rear - 525lbs/in (stock: 350 lbs/in)
- Front - Approximately 12mm (0.475") Lower
- Rear - Approximately 29mm (1.125") Lower
034Motorsport R8 track use alignment specs; these specifications are optimal for a track-driven car with a lively rear end that drives towards oversteer. Caution should be used with these alignment specs as they can cause the car to over-rotate and spin, especially during throttle-lift conditions while turning:
- Front: (Tires: 255/35/19 Michelin Sport Cup 2)
- Camber: -2.2 degrees each side (034Motorsport Camber Shims)
- Caster: 6.0 degrees each side (not adjustable)
- Toe: 2.2mm (toe in)
- Rear: (Tires: 315/30/19 Michelin Sport Cup 2)
- Camber: -2.4 degrees each side (034Motorsport Camber Shims)
- Toe: 2.0mm toe in (034Motorsport Adjustable Toe Arms)
Our test vehicle is also running 034Motorsport front and rear sway bars, camber shims, and all 034Motorsport spherical Motorsport line of products.
Javad Driving Impressions: The Audi R8 is a formidable sports car stock, Audi’s supercar offering features classic sports car design and engineering including double wishbone suspension front and rear, mid-engine neutral balance, rear-tire biased drive while maintaining Quattro grip, and a light-weight chassis, so improving on this is no small feat for any tuning company as the car is already so good stock. We spent a lot of time testing and optimizing the handling parts as part of this line including the springs, alignment products, and swaybars which ultimately transformed the car through fine-tuning and improvements in the slim performance margin Audi left open for us. Stock the R8 pushes at the limit, quite badly, not much better than an S4 would.
The suspension is really too soft stock so body and suspension control isn’t optimal, and alignment settings favor tire life than true performance and ultimate grip. The sway bars are too small and designed to allow the car to push, which is what’s safest for a streetcar, but doesn’t allow the car to turn neutrally giving the car sharp and precise turning through the corner. Stock enter a corner fast, at or near the limit of traction, turn the steering wheel and the car still wants to go straight albeit doing its best to turn, that’s push. With 034Motorsport Dynamic+ suspension components in place, enter the same turn and the front tires will bite and grab the line you choose as the rear end follows the steering input you give to keep the car on line and turning precisely with steering input. The R8 finally handles like a true sports car and not a car compromised by the factory for the lowest common denominator, and is still completely livable for daily driving with the huge added bonus of looking better, lower, meaner and faster.
|Audi||R8||2006-2015||42/FG||V8 4.2L FSI|
- Stage 1 2-Piece 365MM Floating Front Brake Rotor Upgrade Kit, Gen 1 & Gen 1.5 Audi R8 (4.2 V8 & 5.2 V10)Special Price $891.20 Regular Price $1,114.00
- 034Motorsport Women's T-Shirt, Audi R8 LinesAs low as $24.00
- 034Motorsport T-Shirt, Audi R8 LinesAs low as $24.00
Warning: This product may contain a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm.
Learn More: www.p65warnings.ca.gov