Dynamic+ TCU Software Upgrade for AL552 ZF8 Transmission, B9/B9.5 S4/S5/SQ5
If you have purchased the 034Motorsport Stage 1 or Stage 2 Performance Bundle on/before 12/22/21, you are eligible for a $200 tune discount towards the purchase of the Stage 2 TCU tune. To take advantage of this, email us at email@example.com BEFORE purchasing!
If you have purchased the 034Motorsport Stage 1 or 2 Performance Bundle on/before 05/09/22, you are also eligible for a $200 discount towards the purchase of the Stage 3 TCU tune. To take advantage of this, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org BEFORE purchasing!
034Motorsport is proud to offer Stage 2 and Stage 3 TCU Software for B9/B9.5 Audi S4, S5, or SQ5 models equipped with the AL552 8-Speed ZF8 transmission! Flashed directly through your vehicle’s OBD-II port, 034Motorsport’s proprietary calibrations for the AL552 TCU safely and effectively optimize its operation for Stage 1 and Stage 2 Performance ECU Software. Stage 3 TCU Software has been further optimized for use with Dynamic+ Stage 3 ECU Software and Hybrid Turbochargers. The result is a noticeable improvement in acceleration, without any sacrifice in comfort or reliability.
In addition, End User Flashing allows Dynamic+ Performance Software customers to receive and install software updates and revisions, flash back to stock, or upgrade to the next stage of performance software for their vehicle. Some TCU Box Codes may require additional development time or a read of the factory ECU before software is available.
Please Note: Use this product page only if you plan to flash this software to your ECU yourself. To install this software you must have a 034Motorsport Dynamic+ End User Flashing Kit. If you do not have our Dynamic+ End User Flashing Kit and would like to flash from home, click the Icon above and add the Flashing Kit to your cart! (If you do not purchase/own one, you will not be able to flash this software to your ECU and TCU). If you already have a Dynamic+ End User Flashing Kit, simply purchase the software without purchasing the flashing kit.
Alternatively, this 034Motorsport Dynamic+ Performance Software can be installed for you, without the need to purchase the End User Flashing Kit, at 034Motorsport's Service Department in Fremont, CA, as well as the 034Motorsport Dynamic+ Performance Software Dealers listed here. Dealer flashes must be purchased directly through the dealer facility (including 034Motorsport's Service Department), not through this product page.
Disclaimer: I understand that this product is sold for racing use as well as use on vehicles not registered for on highway use. It is not legal for use on emissions controlled highway or street vehicles.
034Motorsport is proud to offer Stage 2 and Stage 3 TCU Software for B9/B9.5 Audi S4, S5, or SQ5 models equipped with the AL552 8-Speed ZF8 transmission!
Flashed directly through your vehicle’s OBD-II port, 034Motorsport’s proprietary Stage 2 calibrations for the AL552 TCU safely and effectively optimize its operation for Stage 1 and Stage 2 Performance ECU Software. Stage 3 TCU Software has been further optimized for use with Dynamic+ Stage 3 ECU Software and Hybrid Turbochargers. The result is a noticeable improvement in acceleration, without sacrificing comfort or reliability.
Stage 1 (Included with Purchase of 034Motorsport EA839 Stage 1, 2, and 3 ECU Tuning):
034Motorsport Stage 1 Transmission Performance Tuning Software for the AL552 is included in the Dynamic+ Tuning Bundle with our Stage 1 & Stage 2 ECU software.
The Dynamic+ ECU Tuning accurately reports torque values to the TCU to ensure that all safety systems are intact in both control units, and the added torque from tuning is properly adjusted for when driving/shifting, including all safety systems designed to protect the engine and transmission. This results in better shift quality as the transmission is not having to reduce engine torque or having to adapt to misreported inputs.
The 034Motorsport Stage 2 Transmission Performance Tuning Software for the Al552 is designed to further improve the drivability and performance of your Dynamic+ Tuned Audi B9/B9.5 S4, S5, or SQ5. Dynamic+ Stage 2 TCU Software can be used with our Stage 1 OR Stage 2 ECU software.
034Motorsport Stage 2 TCU Tuning further improves shifting performance and speed for casual and track driving in all driving modes. Dynamic+ Tuning also activates AMAX shifting in more gears to ensure the quickest and most efficient shifting strategies while launching your vehicle. Kickdown in Manual Mode is also removed.
The 034Motorsport Stage 3 Transmission Performance Tuning Software for the Al552 is designed to further improve the drivability and acceleration performance of your Stage 3 Dynamic+ Tuned Audi B9 S4, S5, or SQ5. Dynamic+ Stage 3 TCU Software is designed to be used with Dynamic+ Stage 3 ECU Software. 034Motorsport Stage 3 TCU Tuning further improves shifting performance and speed for casual and track driving in all driving modes for vehicles equipped with Hybrid Turbochargers and Stage 3 Dynamic+ Software. Dynamic+ Tuning also activates AMAX shifting to ensure the quickest and most efficient shifting strategies while launching your vehicle. Kickdown in Manual Mode is also removed.
PERFORMANCE TCU STAGE 2 SOFTWARE FEATURES:Optimized Shift Points
- In order to take advantage of the increased powerband from the turbocharger, Dynamic+ Tuning optimizes the shift points in Sport Mode to maximize acceleration while retaining smooth drivability.
- When purchasing the Stage 2 TCU Tune, you will be offered specific calibrations for either E85/Race Gas and for 91/93 Octane (Pump Gas) when flashing! Both TCU calibrations are included free of charge. Each specific TCU variant sets shift points to correspond to the optimal RPM for the powerband that your car now has from your upgraded ECU tune.
- When in Manual mode, you no longer need to worry about accidentally pushing through the kickdown switch on the throttle pedal!
- To further enhance the acceleration of your Audi, the ZF8 shift times are dramatically decreased in all driving modes, which ultimately results in quicker acceleration.
- Shift pressures are also increased in Sport Mode to maximize performance. In Sport Mode, you will notice less lazy shifts, more firm shifts, which ultimately results in quicker acceleration.
- AMAX Shifting is a shifting strategy that stands for “Acceleration Maximum.” These gear shifts are the fastest and quickest possible for optimal acceleration . These are activated in shifting after launching your vehicle from a stop using launch control.
- AMAX shift points are now optimized for specific RPM setpoints for Pump Gas ECU tunes, and Race Gas/Ethanol ECU tunes. Select the specific TCU file to match your current octane when flashing your TCU!
- The S4/S5 has AMAX now activated in the 4
- The SQ5 now has AMAX activated in all shifts from 1st through 6th where it was previously disabled from the factory.
- As with any automatic transmission vehicle, the ECU and TCU computers work synchronously to properly apply torque to the vehicle's drivetrain in a safe and reliable manner. Within both the ECU and TCU, there are factory safety tables that limit overall torque output based upon what the factory first tuned the car for. The ECU reports the output of torque from the engine to the TCU, and the TCU decides if this is suitable, or too much. If it is too much, the TCU will command the ECU to reduce torque output based upon its safety tables.
- 034Motorsport takes a holistic approach with its Dynamic+ Tuning and aims to retain as many OEM safety protocols as possible. While it is possible to tune around the factory TCU torque limiters from the ECU side, this is done at the expense of torque safety features that are integral in keeping your transmission running safely. 034Motorsport’s calibrators tune the ECU to work with the TCU to provide accurate torque values and recalibrate the appropriate safety ranges for the TCU. Taking these extra steps to retain OEM safety systems on the ECU and TCU side is just one of the many reasons that Dynamic+ software provides substantial yet reliable performance increases.
PERFORMANCE TCU STAGE 3 SOFTWARE FEATURES:Stage 3 TCU Software Features
- All features noted above for Dynamic+ Stage 2 TCU Software are available on Stage 3 TCU Software. These features have been further optimized for Stage 3 ECU.
- To further enhance the powerband of your Hybrid Turbo equipped Audi, the rev limiter has been increased. This increase allows for the powerband to be extended and utilized safely to 7,000 RPM.
- In order to take advantage of the increased powerband from the Hybrid Turbochargers, Dynamic+ Tuning optimizes the shift points in all drive modes to maximize acceleration while retaining smooth drivability with your upgraded turbocharger. These adjustments are available during part throttle and full-throttle applications.
034MOTORSPORT STAGE 2 AL552 PERFORMANCE TCU SOFTWARE COMPARISON:
|STOCK TCU SOFTWARE||034MOTORSPORT STAGE 1 PERFORMANCE TCU SOFTWARE||034MOTORSPORT STAGE 2 PERFORMANCE TCU SOFTWARE||034MOTORSPORT STAGE 3 PERFORMANCE TCU SOFTWARE|
|Maximum Shift RPM||6000-6300||6000-6300||6500 in Manual Mode||7,000 in Manual Mode|
|Torque Reporting from ECU||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Torque Limits||Stock||Recalibrated for Higher ECU Output||Recalibrated for Higher ECU Output||Recalibrated for Higher ECU Output|
|Shift Points||Slower Acceleration||Slower Acceleration||Fastest Possible Acceleration||Fastest Possible Acceleration|
|AMAX Launch Optimization||Enabled on Shifts Through 4th in S4/S5. Disabled on SQ5||Enabled on Shifts Through 4th in S4/S5. Disabled on SQ5||Enabled Through Shifts to 6th Gear in S4/S5/SQ5||Enabled Through Shifts to 6th Gear in S4/S5/SQ5|
034Motorsport Dynamic+ End User Flashing Kit:
034Motorsport's Dynamic+ End User Flashing Kit allows customers to install their 034Motorsport Dynamic+ Performance Software themselves. In addition, End User Flashing allows Dynamic+ Performance Software customers to receive and install software updates and revisions, flash back to stock, or upgrade to the next stage of performance software for their vehicle.
Requirements for End User Flashing:
- Windows 10/11 Laptop with Available USB Port
- Power Supply for Laptop
- Secure Wired (Or Very Stable WiFi) High-Speed Internet Connection
- Battery Charger, 20AMP minimum (CTEK Brand recommended)
- Available Electrical Outlets
034Motorsport End User Flashing Kit Contents:
- 034Motorsport OBD-II Adapter
- USB-A to USB-B Cable
- Carrying Case
- User Credentials (Provided Via Email)
034Motorsport Dynamic+ Flashing Portal:
- This product is sold for racing use as well as use on vehicles not registered for on highway use.
- By purchasing this product, you understand that this product is sold for racing use as well as used on vehicles not registered for on highway use, and that it is not legal for use on highway or street vehicles.
This 034Motorsport TCU Upgrade can be flashed directly through your vehicle's factory OBD-II diagnostic port at home using the 034Motorsport Dynamic+ End User Flashing Kit or by bringing your vehicle to 034Motorsport or any 034Motorsport Dynamic+ Performance Software Dealer listed here.
Installation typically takes 20-25 minutes.
Warning: This product may contain a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm.
Learn More: www.p65warnings.ca.gov