GiroDisc Front 2-Piece Floating Rotor Pair for MkVII Volkswagen Golf R (MQB)
034Motorsport is proud to offer this GiroDisc 2-Piece Performance Floating Front Rotor Upgrade for the MkVII Volkswagen Golf R!
The GiroDisc system is a direct replacement for the OE brake discs, meaning no modifications are necessary. This front rotor pair will bolt directly to the car and work with factory brake calipers perfectly. By upgrading your brakes with lightweight, high-performance replacement discs compared to a big brake kit, the factory brake bias is maintained along with ABS efficiency. The GiroDisc 2-Piece Front Rotors weigh approximately 20.3lbs vs. 23.8lbs for the stock units. That's a 3.5lb reduction per corner! This reduction in rotational and unsprung weight allows for quicker acceleration and suspension response.
The central hat portion of the GiroDisc rotor is made strictly from U.S. sourced 6061-T6 aircraft specification aluminum. The disc is constructed from GiroDisc's own proprietary cast iron, poured in the USA and machined from start to finish in-house at their facility. The rotor utilizes a curved vane design, developed in racing to act as a centrifugal pump to force cooling air through the disc.
The rotor and hat have a floating mount system that utilizes 8 or 10 high strength alloy steel drive pins, manufactured by GiroDisc in the USA to their own specifications and cadmium plated for a long lasting corrosion resistance. The pins take the load from braking actions while maintaining the axial and radial float between the hat and disc. The pins are secured by Grade 12 cap screws with hardened washers. In order to keep the rotors from making noise when cold, the pins are mounted with anti-noise spring washers on the rotor side which allow the rotor to grow with heat expansion but eliminate the rattle and noise associated with floating rotors. This float also allows the rotor to self center between the pads.
- Lightweight Construction (20.3lbs GiroDisc Rotor vs. 23.8lbs OE Volkswagen Rotor)
- Floating, 2-Piece Design
- Curved Vanes Force Cooling Air through Brake Disc
- Cadmium Plated Hardware for Corrosion Resistance
- Made in the USA!
- GiroDisc 2-Piece Floating Front Rotor Pair
- 2015 - Present Volkswagen Golf R (MkVII - MQB)
- 2015 - Present Volkswagen Golf GTI with Performance Pack (MkVII - MQB)
- 034Motorsport Spherical Motorsport Rear Sway Bar End Links, Volkswagen & Audi MQB & MQB EVOSpecial Price $238.50 Regular Price $265.00
- X34 Carbon Fiber MQB Cold Air Intake System, 8V Audi A3/S3/TT/TTS & MkVII VW Golf/GTI/R & MkVII VW GLI, 1.8T/2.0T Gen 3Special Price $623.70 Regular Price $693.00
- Billet Aluminum MQB Rear Subframe Mount Inserts, 8V/8V.5 Audi A3/S3/RS3 Quattro, MkIII Audi TT/TTS/TTRS Quattro, & MkVII Volkswagen Golf RSpecial Price $129.60 Regular Price $144.00
- Spherical Rear Trailing Arm Kit, Volkswagen & Audi MQB and MQB EVOSpecial Price $415.80 Regular Price $462.00
- Density Line Adjustable Rear Toe Links, Volkswagen & Audi MQBSpecial Price $238.50 Regular Price $265.00
Warning: This product may contain a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm.
Learn More: www.p65warnings.ca.gov