Spherical Rear Trailing Arm Kit, Volkswagen & Audi MQB and MQB EVO
Looking to improve your MQB or MQB EVO-platform Audi/Volkswagen's cornering precision and predictability? 034Motorsport's Performance Rear Trailing Arm Kit with Spherical Bearings ensuring precise handling, and confidence-inspiring road feel by replacing the factory rear trailing arms to allow for proper suspension articulation without any deflection. This bolt-in kit replaces the stock rubber rear trailing arm bushings on Volkswagen & Audi MQB and MQB EVO vehicles with motorsport-quality Aurora Spherical Bearings. Unlike polyurethane bushings, spherical bearings allow for full suspension articulation without binding, while completely eliminating slop from bushing flex. Please Note: Installation of these Spherical Rear Trailing Arms will introduce some additional NVH (noise, vibration, and harshness) transfer into the cabin. In particular, increased sound transmission at low speed from the rear brakes is to be expected, especially with aftermarket brake pads. Installation Effort: MEDIUM
The 034Motorsport Rear Trailing Arm Spherical Bearing Upgrade Kit is designed to replace the factory rubber bushings, resulting in improved handling, and more predictable and precise cornering.
Factory rubber rear trailing arm bushings deflect under load, causing the rear end to feel vague and loose, as well as leading to improper suspension geometry and increased understeer. This becomes especially apparent when cornering on uneven surfaces, where the back of the car can feel floaty or unpredictable. The same exact rubber bushing was used by Audi/Volkswagen on a variety of applications, from the Volkswagen Golf to the Audi RS3, leaving much to be desired by enthusiasts and competitive drivers alike.
This kit replaces the rubber bushings with motorsport-quality Aurora Spherical Bearings, which allow for proper articulation without any deflection, ensuring precise handling, and confidence-inspiring road feel. Unlike polyurethane bushings, spherical bearings allow for full suspension articulation without binding, while completely eliminating slop from bushing flex.
- Fully Assembled with New Factory Steel Trailing Arms - Simple Bolt-In Installation!
- Genuine Aurora Spherical Bearings Featuring Teflon Race Lining
- Billet Aluminum Bearing Holders - Anodized Black
- Stainless Steel Bearing Spacers
- Improved Handling & Road Feel
- More Precise & Predictable Handling
- Fully Rebuildable
- 5QM505223 5QM 505 223
- 5QM505224 5QM 505 224
- 5Q0505541A 5Q0 505 541 A
034Motorsport RS3 track use alignment specs; these specifications are optimal for a track driven car with a very "loose" handling attitude and lively rear end that drives towards oversteer. Caution should be used with these alignment specs as they can cause the car to over-rotate and spin, especially during throttle-lift conditions while turning:
- Front: (Tires: 265/35-18 Michelin Sport Cup 2)
- Camber: -3.0 degrees each side (034-601-1013 camber mounts)
- Caster: 7.1 degrees (not adjustable)
- Toe: 0.6mm (toe-in) each side
- Rear: (Tires: 245/40-18 Michelin Sport Cup 2)
- Camber: -1.5 degrees each side
- Toe: 0.8mm (toe-in) each side
Our test vehicle is also running 034Motorsport front and rear sway bars, and all 034Motorsport spherical Motorsport line of products.
NOTE: We recommend getting an alignment after installing the 034Motorsport Rear Trailing Arm Spherical Bearing Upgrade Kit.
|Audi||RS3||2017-Present||8V.5||2.5 TFSI EVO|
|Audi||TTRS||2018-Present||8S||2.5 TFSI EVO|
|VW||Golf R||2015||MkVII||2.0 TSI|
|VW||Rabbit||2015-Present||MkVII||2.0T Gen 3|
The installation of your is a straightforward process that will take approximately 2 hours to complete. You can access our detailed installation guide by clicking the icon on the left.
|Part Number Interchange||5QM505223, 5QM505224, 5Q0505541A|
Video: 034Motorsport Spherical Rear Trailing Arms for MQB Audi/Volkswagen vs. Stock Rubber Trailing Arms
- Adjustable MQB Solid Rear Sway Bar Upgrade, MkVII Volkswagen Golf R, 8V Audi A3/S3 Quattro, & MkIII Audi TT/TTSSpecial Price $278.10 Regular Price $309.00
- X34 Carbon Fiber MQB Cold Air Intake System, 8V Audi A3/S3/TT/TTS & MkVII VW Golf/GTI/R & MkVII VW GLI, 1.8T/2.0T Gen 3Special Price $623.70 Regular Price $693.00
- Billet Aluminum MQB Rear Subframe Mount Inserts, 8V/8V.5 Audi A3/S3/RS3 Quattro, MkIII Audi TT/TTS/TTRS Quattro, & MkVII Volkswagen Golf RSpecial Price $129.60 Regular Price $144.00
- Strut Mount, Street Density, Volkswagen & Audi MQB and MQB EVOSpecial Price $59.40 Regular Price $66.00
- Adjustable Solid Rear Sway Bar Upgrade, Volkswagen & Audi MQB And MQB EVO FWDSpecial Price $279.00 Regular Price $310.00
- MQB Front Subframe Locking Collar Upgrade Kit, 8V/8V.5/8S Audi A3/S3/RS3 & TT/TTS/TTRS, Stainless SteelSpecial Price $125.10 Regular Price $139.00
Warning: This product may contain a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm.
Learn More: www.p65warnings.ca.gov