P34 Performance Cold Air Intake, 8V Audi A3/S3/TT/TTS & MkVII Volkswagen Golf/GTI/R, 1.8T/2.0T Gen 3 (MQB)
034Motorsport's P34 Cold Air Intake System provides noticeable increases in power and acceleration for the 8V Audi A3/S3 & MkVII Volkswagen Golf/GTI/R, with clean, OEM+ fit and finish.
034Motorsport’s engineers thoroughly evaluated the factory airbox design to create a performance replacement that reduces pressure drop in the intake tract and allows for increased airflow. The result is the complete one-piece P34 Air Intake System, which offers 100% bolt-on installation without the need for any additional pieces.Installation Effort: MILD
034Motorsport is pleased to introduce the P34 Performance Air Intake System for 8V/8S Audi A3/S3/TT/TTS & MkVII Volkswagen Golf/GTI/R!
034Motorsport’s engineers invested significant effort in developing a comprehensive performance intake solution for Audi/Volkswagen EA888 1.8T/2.0T Gen 3 engines, which provides noticeable gains in horsepower and torque over the factory airbox. Throughout the development process, multiple designs were modeled, prototyped, and tested, to ensure that the P34 Air Intake System delivers measurable performance benefits and excellent fitment.
034Motorsport engineers started by identifying the shortcomings of the factory intake system to determine which components restricted airflow to the turbocharger inlet. While the factory lower airbox and fresh air duct to the core support were more than sufficient for increased power levels, the factory air filter, upper airbox, and turbo inlet tube were deemed too restrictive, even with the factory turbocharger.
034Motorsport's mechanical engineers scanned the factory engine bay and modeled a one-piece unit to replace the factory intake tube and upper airbox. By eliminating the multiple couplers, transitions, and jagged features in the factory upper airbox and intake tube, 034Motorsport's engineering team was able to drastically reduce turbulence in the intake tract, and virtually eliminate pressure drop in the intake system before the turbo inlet.
Multiple iterations were prototyped in plastic using 034Motorsport's in-house FDM 3D printer and thoroughly tested. Ultimately, the best-performing design was a fully-enclosed unit featuring a large-diameter one-piece intake tube with smooth transitions all the way back to the factory turbo inlet.
True Cold Air Intake
To ensure that the P34 Air Intake System draws in cool, dense air, 034Motorsport engineers opted for an enclosed design to prevent hot air from the engine bay entering the intake tract. By bolting to the factory lower airbox, this approach allows the enclosed high-flow panel filter to breathe fresh, cold air from the factory inlet duct before the radiator.
Minimizing Unnecessary Filter Shrouding
034Motorsport focuses on optimizing every aspect of the intake system across a broad range of variables and compromises. A critical component of a high-flowing performance intake is the ability for air to flow around and into the filter. If the air cannot flow freely around the filter, it will be restricted from getting into it. Many aftermarket kits fit too large of a filter in an enclosure that cannot accommodate its size, thus choking the filter and reducing its overall flow. This often happens when a product is engineered for one variable at the expense of others. 034Motorsport conducted extensive tests and refined its development of the intake design to allow for maximum airflow surrounding the air filter, allowing for optimal airflow to, and through, the filter. The final result is the right size filter in the right size filter housing, creating maximum airflow and performance with OEM level filtering; the ultimate goal of any intake system. Be cautious of any intake that brags only of air filter size, without taking into account the detrimental effects of shrouding the filter.
Performance Air Filter
The 034Motorsport P34 Air Intake System houses a high-flow panel filter with double-layer pleated cotton filtration medium. This air filter design offers increased flow and excellent filtration.
OEM+ Fit & Finish
034Motorsport carefully selected the textured finish of the intake tube and upper airbox heat shield to complement the factory plastic trim and engine covers. The 034Motorsport MQB Audi/Volkswagen 1.8T/2.0T Cold Air Intake System was designed to fit like a factory part, and mates directly to the turbo inlet pipe and factory lower airbox to provide an OEM+ look.
Dyno-Verified Wheel Horsepower & Torque Gains
034Motorsport's engineering and development efforts were validated using our Mustang AWD Dynamometer to ensure that the P34 Cold Air Intake System provided substantial, repeatable increases in horsepower and torque.
Peak Wheel Horsepower & Torque on Stage 1 2015 Volkswagen GTI:
- Stock Intake: 223 Wheel Horsepower / 285 Wheel Foot-Pounds of Torque
- P34 Intake: 240 Wheel Horsepower / 297 Wheel Foot-Pounds of Torque
- Peak Horsepower Gain: 10 WHP @ 6,100 RPM
- Peak Torque Gain: 12 WTQ @ 3,100 RPM
- See Dyno Chart
Product Features & Details
- Developed In-House by 034Motorsport's Engineering Team
- One-Piece Design with High-Quality Construction
- OEM+ Fit & Finish Retains Factory Lower Airbox & Inlet Duct
- Fully-Enclosed Design with Pleated Cotton Panel Air Filter
- Large-Diameter CFD-Optimized Air Intake Tube
- Dyno-Proven Horsepower & Torque Gains
- Increased Engine & Induction Sounds
- Improved Throttle Response
- Compatable with SAI Equipped & Non-SAI Equipped Vehicles
- Simple, Straightforward Installation
- 034Motorsport P34 MQB Air Intake System
- 034Motorsport High-Flow Panel Air Filter
- Integrated SAI Adapter Fitting
- Silicone Turbo Inlet Coupler & Hose Clamps
- 2015 - Present Audi A3/S3 (8V - MQB) - 1.8T & 2.0T
- 2016 - Present Audi TT/TTS (MkIII - MQB) - 2.0T
- 2015 - Present Volkswagen Golf/GTI/ R (MkVII - MQB) - 1.8T & 2.0T
- 2019 - Present Volkswagen Jetta (MkVII - MQB) - 2.0T Gen 3
- Please Note: This comprehensive air intake system is designed to install on vehicles with or without factory secondary air injection (SAI) systems. No additional parts are needed!
- This product is sold for racing use as well as use on vehicles not registered for on highway use.
- By purchasing this product, you understand that this product is sold for racing use as well as used on vehicles not registered for on highway use, and that it is not legal for use on highway or street vehicles.
Wheel Horsepower Dyno | Stage 1 Tune - 91 Octane - IS20 | P34 Mk7 Golf/GTI Intake vs. Stock
Note: This product will not fit vehicles with a MAF sensor. Please confirm your car does not have this part before ordering:
DIY Install Video for P34 Cold Air Intake on 8V Audi S3
The installation of your is a straightforward process that will take approximately 1 hour to complete. You can access our detailed installation guide by clicking the icon on the left.
Wheel Horsepower Dyno | Stage 1 Tune - 91 Octane - Mk7 GTI | P34 Air Intake vs. Stock Airbox
Warning: This product may contain a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm.
Learn More: www.p65warnings.ca.gov