Pauter Rod Set, VW/Audi 4-cyl
Pauter 144/20 cross beam design rod set for all VW/Audi 4-cylinder motors, including 1.8T & 2.0T FSI. Forged from 4340 CRMO, their unique cross beam design rod structure has proven extremely strong and reliable. Sold as a set of four, balanced end-to-end, ready to install.
- 144mm long / 20mm wrist pin.
- E4340 vacuum melt chromoly forging.
- CNC machined to precise tolerences.
- Accepts OEM rod bearings or 034Motorsport Coated Rod Bearings.
- Heat-treated to Rockwell C36.
- Full coverage shotpeened.
- End-to-end balanced in sets.
- Rods supplied with 3/8" ARP 2000 bolts rated at 220,000 psi tensile strength.
- Rods feature aluminum-bronze wrist pin bushings standard.
Pauter's description for why their rods work:
For starters, the simple beam design completely eliminates thin and non-uniform cross sections over the total length of the beam. This feature greatly improves resistance to crack-induced metal fatigue. In addition, the non-tapered profile of the beam helps to spread potentially harmful stress over a larger area, dispersing instead of concentrating these destructive loads. The design also efficiently places needed material in critical transitional areas, giving maximum support exactly where it is needed (such as directly under the wrist pin). The streamlined contour also provides subtle benefits in the form of windage reduction. The main beam rib itself continues around the wrist pin boss, perfectly integrating the beam to the pin boss, a small, but important contribution to overall structural unity. Pauter rods are indeed, different by design.
EDM pressure-fed oiling to pin available at extra cost, but not necessarily recommended.
Final TQ on rod bolts 45 ft/lbs
Warning: This product may contain a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm.
Learn More: www.p65warnings.ca.gov