S34 Carbon Fiber Intake, Audi B8/8.5 Q5/SQ5 3.0 TFSI
Significant effort went into developing this comprehensive performance-improving intake solution for the Supercharged 3.0 TFSI engine found in the B8 and B8.5 generation of Q5 and SQ5. Subsequently, the S34 Carbon Fiber Intake, Audi B8/8.5 Q5/SQ5 3.0 TFSI offers discerning enthusiasts measurable increases in horsepower and torque, more aggressive induction sound and supercharger whine, and a beautiful carbon fiber heat shield to prevent hot air from the engine bay from entering the intake.
Throughout the development process, multiple designs were modeled, prototyped, and tested - all to ensure that the S34 Carbon Fiber Intake delivers measurable performance benefits and superb fitment. The result is an optimized open-airbox design that utilizes the factory fresh air duct inlet to channel cool outside air to the filter. This large airbox design allows for a massive 4" inlet conical air filter, free of restrictive shrouding, and channels air through a CFD-optimized 4-ply silicone inlet hose that smoothly increases air velocity to the throttle body.
Minimizing Unnecessary Filter Shrouding:
034Motorsport focuses on optimizing every aspect of the intake system across a broad range of variables and compromises. A critical component of a high-flowing performance intake is the ability for air to flow around and into the filter. If the air cannot flow freely around the filter, it will be restricted from getting into it. Many aftermarket kits fit too large of a filter in an enclosure that cannot accommodate its size, thus choking the filter and reducing its overall flow. This often happens when a product is engineered for one variable at the expense of others. 034Motorsport conducted extensive tests and refined its development of the intake design to allow for maximum airflow surrounding the air filter, allowing for optimal airflow to, and through, the filter. The final result is the right size filter in the right size filter housing, creating maximum airflow and performance with OEM level filtering; the ultimate goal of any intake system. Be cautious of any intake that brags only of the air filter size, without taking into account the detrimental effects of shrouding the filter.
034Motorsport engineers first created a CFD-optimized 4-Ply silicone intake tube, which is a direct, high-performance replacement for the plastic factory accordion/sound deadening hose. Using CAD software and 3D scanning technology, 034Motorsport was able to optimize the cross-sectional area of the intake tube while being mindful of space constraints. The resulting part is a functional work of art - maximizing performance given the factory space constraints and featuring smooth transitions that ensure optimal airflow to the throttle body.
SüPERDüPER Performance Air Filter:
While our existing 4” intake filter is more than capable of supporting 800+hp, we wanted to step it up a notch for this kit by including our SüperDüper 4” air filter. The S34 Carbon Fiber Intake houses a high-flow conical air filter with a double-layer pleated cotton filtration medium, capable of trapping particles as small as 5 Microns. This SüperDüper air filter design offers increased flow through an enlarged filtration surface while ensuring superior filtration. We have tested this SüperDüper air filter in applications over 1200HP with minimal restriction, and superior OEM quality air filtration.
While many intake kits leave the air filter unsupported and ”flopping” around, 034Motorsport engineers designed a clever air filter support that not only prevents unwanted movement but also allows compliance to accommodate engine movement under varying load conditions. An added benefit is an air shroud that doesn’t move and rub on other engine compartment components like many other designs on the market do.
Product Features & Details:
- Developed In-House by 034Motorsport's Engineering Team
- Fits Both Left and Right Hand Drive Configurations
- High-Quality Carbon Fiber Air Block-off Shield
- High-Gloss Epoxy Finish
- 4-Ply Gloss Black Silicone Intake Tube
- OEM+ Fit and Finish
- No Rubbing or Excessive Movement
- Dyno-Proven Horsepower Torque Gains
- Improved Airflow from Factory Airbox and Intake Tube
- Enhanced Engine Induction Sounds
- Improved Throttle Response
- Large 4" Inlet Conical Pleated Cotton Air Filter
- Reduced Intake Air Temperature
- Securely Installs Using Factory Mounting Grommets
- Simple, Straightforward Installation Instructions
- S34 Carbon Fiber Heat Shield
- S34 4" Inlet Silicone Hose
- S34 SüperDüper 4" Double-Layered Cotton Pleated Filter
- S34 Secondary Air Injector Filter
- Metal Mounting Bracket for Intake Hose
- This product is sold for racing use as well as use on vehicles not registered for on highway use.
- By purchasing this product, you understand that this product is sold for racing use as well as used on vehicles not registered for on highway use, and that it is not legal for use on highway or street vehicles.
Measurable Performance Gains:
There are several ways to quantify the performance of an engine system's intake, the intake being the air box with filter that allows ambient air to enter the engines induction system that ultimately leads to the intake manifold. Ultimately how easily air flows through the intake filter and air box assembly determines how much the engine is restricted as it ingests air to combust it with fuel, and intake that restricts air flow will restrict the amount of air the engine can take in, which limits the power it can produce. Optimally, an intake should pose no restriction to the engine, so that the engine can ingest as much air as possible to produce the power it has the potential to produce. Typically factory intakes do this well, but as power is increased, the factory intakes pose more restriction and thus limit the power potential of the engine.
At 034Motorsport we express our intake performance in pressure drop, CFM airflow and a Horsepower and TQ test. The most reliable of these 3 are pressure drop and CFM as these can be discreetly quantified for any intake in a very controlled way that allows the comparison of various intake system's performance potentials. The HP test is the most relative as it relies on many other factors that affect the power output of the engine including ECU tuning, exhaust modifications, turbo system modifications etc. Since the intake doesn't produce power itself, it only supports it, the actual power produced is always going to depend on the engine's performance and also if it has a supercharger or turbocharger system involved.
When you see 034Motorsport's accurately tested and advertised flow data, you can be assured that the intake you are considering has a substantively engineered flow increase to support your future power goals and activities.
Pressure Drop Improvements:
Pressure Drop is the difference in ambient air pressure and the air pressure measured at the supercharger inlet across the engine's rpm range. The higher the pressure drop at any given rpm, the more restrictive the intake system is, reducing airflow.
|Intake Configuration||Chart Color||Pressure Drop|
|S34 Carbon Fiber Intake||Yellow||-0.97 psi|
|Stock Intake||White||-2.18 psi|
CFM stands for "cubic feet per minute" of airflow, the higher the number, the higher the horsepower an intake can support, at 034Motorsport we design our intakes to have substantial flow increases over the factory intake, we test all our intakes at 28" of water (how much vacuum is used to suck air through the intake) on a Superflow airflow bench which gives us very accurate and repeatable test results. A stock intake that flows 200CFM may only freely support about 300HP, an intake that flows 400CFM can support roughly twice that power or 600HP.
- Stock Intake: 542 CFM @ 28” H2O
- S34 Intake: 946 CFM @ 28” H2O
Dyno-Verified Wheel Horsepower & Torque Gains:
034Motorsport's engineering and development efforts were validated on multiple vehicles using our Mustang AWD Dynamometer to ensure that the S34 Carbon Fiber Intake provided substantial increases in horsepower and torque on both stock supercharger and ones with ported supercharger kits alike.
Peak Wheel Horsepower & Torque with Stage 2+ E40, 57.75/190MM Pulley Combo:
- Stock Intake: 416 WHP / 396 WTQ
- S34 Carbon Fiber Intake: 436 WHP / 416 WTQ
- Peak Crank Gains: 26 HP / 24 TQ
Select Dyno Chart:
The installation of your is a straightforward process and will take approximately 1 hour to complete. You can access our detailed installation guide by clicking the icon on the left.
- 034Motorsport Transmission Mount Insert, B8 Audi A4/S4/RS4, A5/S5/RS5, Q5/SQ5 Billet AluminumSpecial Price $85.50 Regular Price $95.00
- 034Motorsport Drivetrain Mount Insert Package, B8/B8.5 Audi A4/S4/RS4, A5/S5/RS5, Q5/SQ5 Billet AluminumSpecial Price $248.40 Regular Price $276.00
- Supercharger Heat Exchanger Upgrade Kit for Audi B8/B8.5 Q5/SQ5Special Price $943.20 Regular Price $1,048.00
- Dual Pulley Performance Pack, 190mm, Audi B8 S4/S5/Q5/SQ5, C7 A6/A7, D4 A8 3.0 TFSI
As low as $1,407.33 Regular Price $1,646.00
- Dynamic+ Lowering Springs For B8/B8.5 Audi Q5/SQ5Special Price $283.50 Regular Price $315.00
- 034Motorsport X-Brace Billet Aluminum Chassis Reinforcement, B8/B8.5 Audi A4/S4/RS4, A5/S5/RS5, Q5/SQ5, AllroadSpecial Price $520.20 Regular Price $578.00
Warning: This product may contain a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm.
Learn More: www.p65warnings.ca.gov