S34 Carbon Fiber Intake, Volkswagen Mk8 Golf GTI & Audi 8Y A3 EA888 Gen 4
The S34 Carbon Fiber Intake for the Volkswagen Mk8 Golf GTI & Audi 8Y A3 delivers improved power, induction noises, and overall performance to the EA888 Gen 4 Turbocharged Four-Cylinder in an attractive, clean, and cost-effective package. Installation Effort: EASY
Significant effort went into developing this comprehensive performance-improving intake solution for the Turbocharged 2.0T EA888.4 engine found in the MQB-Evo generation of Volkswagen Mk8 Golf GTI & Audi 8Y A3. Subsequently, the S34 Carbon Fiber Intake offers discerning enthusiasts measurable increases in horsepower and torque, more aggressive induction sound and turbocharger noise, and a beautiful carbon fiber heat shield to prevent hot air from the engine bay from entering the intake.
Throughout the development process, multiple designs were modeled, prototyped, and tested - all to ensure that the S34 Carbon Fiber Intake delivers measurable performance benefits and superb fitment. The result is an optimized open-airbox design that utilizes the factory fresh air duct inlet to channel cool outside air to the filter. This large airbox design allows for a massive 4" inlet conical air filter, free of restrictive shrouding, and channels air through a CFD-optimized 4-ply silicone inlet hose that smoothly increases air velocity to the throttle body.
MINIMIZING UNNECESSARY FILTER SHROUDING:
034Motorsport focuses on optimizing every aspect of the intake system across a broad range of variables and compromises. A critical component of a high-flowing performance intake is the ability for air to flow around and into the filter. If the air cannot flow freely around the filter, it will be restricted from getting into it. Many aftermarket kits fit too large of a filter in an enclosure that cannot accommodate its size, thus choking the filter and reducing its overall flow. This often happens when a product is engineered for one variable at the expense of others. 034Motorsport conducted extensive tests and refined its development of the intake design to allow for maximum airflow surrounding the air filter, allowing for optimal airflow to, and through, the filter. The final result is the right size filter in the right size filter housing, creating maximum airflow and performance with OEM level filtering; the ultimate goal of any intake system. Be cautious of any intake that brags only of the air filter size, without taking into account the detrimental effects of shrouding the filter.
034Motorsport engineers first created a CFD-optimized 4-Ply silicone intake tube, which is a direct, high-performance replacement for the plastic factory accordion/sound deadening hose. Using CAD software and 3D scanning technology, 034Motorsport was able to optimize the cross-sectional area of the intake tube while being mindful of space constraints. The resulting part is a functional work of art - maximizing performance given the factory space constraints and featuring smooth transitions that ensure optimal airflow to the throttle body.
PERFORMANCE AIR FILTER:
The S34 Carbon Fiber Intake houses a high-flow conical air filter with a double-layer pleated cotton filtration medium, capable of trapping particles as small as 5 Microns. This air filter design offers increased flow through an enlarged filtration surface while ensuring superior filtration. We have tested this air filter in applications over 800HP with minimal restriction, and superior OEM quality air filtration.
While many intake kits leave the air filter unsupported and ”flopping” around, 034Motorsport engineers designed a clever air filter support that not only prevents unwanted movement but also allows compliance to accommodate engine movement under varying load conditions. An added benefit is an air shroud that doesn’t move and rub on other engine compartment components like many other designs on the market do.
PRODUCT FEATURES & DETAILS:
- Developed In-House by 034Motorsport's Engineering Team
- Fits Both Left and Right Hand Drive Configurations
- High-Quality Carbon Fiber Air Block-off Shield
- High-Gloss Epoxy Finish
- 4-Ply Gloss Black Silicone Intake Tube
- OEM+ Fit and Finish
- No Rubbing or Excessive Movement
- Improved Airflow from Factory Airbox and Intake Tube
- Stock Intake: 423.0 CFM @ 28in H²O
- 034 Intake: 632.0 CFM @ 28in H²O ~48% Increase
- Enhanced Engine Induction Sounds
- Improved Throttle Response
- Large 4" Inlet Conical Pleated Cotton Air Filter
- Reduced Intake Air Temperature
- Securely Installs Using Factory Mounting Grommets
- Simple, Straightforward Installation Instructions
- S34 Carbon Fiber Heat Shield
- S34 4" Inlet Silicone Hose
- S34 4" Double-Layered Cotton Pleated Filter
- S34 Secondary Air Injector Adapter
- S34 Secondary Air Injector Filter
- Metal Mounting Bracket for Intake Hose
CFM stands for "cubic feet per minute" of airflow, the higher the number, the higher the horsepower an intake can support, at 034Motorsport we design our intakes to have substantial flow increases over the factory intake, we test all our intakes at 28" of water (how much vacuum is used to suck air through the intake) on a Superflow airflow bench which gives us very accurate and repeatable test results. A stock intake that flows 200CFM may only freely support about 300HP, an intake that flows 400CFM can support roughly twice that power or 600HP.
- Stock Intake: 423 CFM @ 28” H2O
- S34 Intake: 632 CFM @ 28” H2O
- This product is sold for racing use as well as use on vehicles not registered for on highway use.
- By purchasing this product, you understand that this product is sold for racing use as well as used on vehicles not registered for on highway use, and that it is not legal for use on highway or street vehicles.
The installation of your is a straightforward process that will take approximately 1 hour to complete. You can access our detailed installation guide by clicking the icon on the left.
- Adjustable Solid Rear Sway Bar Upgrade, Volkswagen & Audi MQB And MQB EVO FWDSpecial Price $279.00 Regular Price $310.00
- Motor Mount Pair, Density Line, Volkswagen & Audi MQB and MQB EVO with 2.0T TFSISpecial Price $269.10 Regular Price $299.00
- Dynamic+ Camber Mount Pair, Volkswagen & Audi MQB and MQB EVOSpecial Price $325.80 Regular Price $362.00
- Stainless Steel Braided Brake Line Kit, Volkswagen & Audi MQB and MQB EVO AWD with 2.0T TFSI (Performance Pack)Special Price $130.50 Regular Price $145.00
- 034Motorsport Billet Spherical Dogbone Mount, Volkswagen & Audi MQB and MQB EVO with 7-Speed DSGSpecial Price $278.10 Regular Price $309.00
- Dynamic+ RCO - Camber & Roll Center Adjusting Ball Joints, Volkswagen & Audi MQB & MQB EVOSpecial Price $157.50 Regular Price $175.00
Warning: This product may contain a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm.
Learn More: www.p65warnings.ca.gov