Transmission Mount, Density Line, B5/C5 Audi A4/S4/RS4 & A6/S6/Allroad
We're proud to announce the availability of the Density Line Transmission Mounts for B5 and C5 Chassis Audi and B5 Chassis Volkswagen models!
034Motorsport's Density Line Mounts are the new standard in comfort and performance. Our mounts are redesigned with performance in mind, and manufactured from high-durometer rubber for increased performance and durability, without sacrificing comfort. Density Line Mounts are void-free and fluid-free, eliminating the slop associated with the factory mounts.
The Street Density Transmission Mount is manufactured from 50 durometer rubber, which is approximately 20% stiffer than stock. The mount bases are made from steel, and are much stronger than the factory aluminum ones, to cope with the added stress of spirited driving.
The result is greatly reduced drivetrain slop, crisper shifting, and minimal wheel hop, without any significant increase in noise, vibration, or harshness (NVH) inside of the cabin. These mounts are a completely re-engineered performance solution, not just inserts for use with the factory mounts.
The Track Density Transmission Mount is manufactured from 80 durometer rubber, which is approximately 90% stiffer than stock. The mount bases are made from steel, and are much stronger than the factory aluminum ones, to cope with the added stress of spirited driving.
The result is a locked-down drivetrain, solid shifting, and virtually no wheel hop. Track Density Mounts will cause a noticeable increase in noise, vibration, and harshness (NVH) inside of the cabin.
- Manufactured from 50 Durometer (Street Density) or 80 Durometer (Track Density) Rubber with Void-Free Construction
- Reduced Drivetrain Slop
- Decreased Transmission Movement Under Load
- More Direct Power Transfer
- Improved Shifting Feel
- Complete Drop-In Replacement of Factory Transmission Mounts
- New Installation Hardware Included
- Sold Individually (One Vehicle Requires 1 or 2 Mounts, Depending on Application)
- 1996 - 2001 Audi A4 (B5)
- 1.8T / 2.8L - Please Note: Only fits passenger side of manual transmission 1.8T cars. Please visually verify your application before you order.
- 2000 - 2002 Audi S4/RS4 (B5)
- 1998 - 2004 Audi A6 (C5)
- 2.7T / 2.8L / 3.0L
- 2001 - 2003 Audi Allroad (C5)
- 1998 - 2005 Volkswagen Passat (B5 / B5.5)
- 1.8T / 2.8L / 4.0L W8 - Please Note: Only fits passenger side of manual transmission 1.8T cars. Please visually verify your application before you order.
- 1 Year Limited Replacement Warranty (If you encounter any issues with our products outside of the warranty period, we will work with you to provide a resolution.)
Density Line Mounts are manufactured from high-durometer rubber instead of polyurethane for a number of reasons. While vulcanized rubber mounts are more expensive to prototype due to increased complexity of manufacturing and high initial tooling costs, rubber is inherently better than polyurethane as a damping medium for mounts and bushings.
Rubber is able to deal with stress under both tension and compression, while polyurethane mounts rely on the damping medium to be effective only under compression. Rubber is also excellent in shear, where polyurethane is ineffective, making it ideal for applications that apply a shear force to the bushing during articulation.
Rubber does not pack and wear like polyurethane does, which ultimately results in a long-lasting part with consistent performance and comfort.
Street Density vs. Track Density:
We recommend Street Density Mounts for all daily-driven vehicles. They offer a significant increase in performance with a minimal increase in NVH transfer into the cabin. Track Density Mounts are recommended for purpose-built track cars, or those who do not mind significantly increased drivetrain noise and vibration in the cabin.
Please select Street Density or Track Density from the dropdown menu above.
Sold individually. One vehicle will require 1 or 2 mounts depending on application!
Note: Only fits passenger side of manual transmission 1.8T cars. Please visually verify your application before you order.
Warning: This product may contain a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm.
Learn More: www.p65warnings.ca.gov