Wavetrac 02J Limited Slip Differential, MkIV Golf/Jetta/Bora/Beetle 5-MT through 2004
We're pleased to offer the Wavetrac Limited Slip Front Differential for MkIV Golf/Jetta/Bora/Beetle models equipped with the 02J 5-Speed Manual Transmission! Wavetrac differentials are designed to give you quicker acceleration and faster cornering by driving both drive wheels instead of just one. They also offer improved no-load performance when compared to other helical gear differentials on the market.
We're pleased to offer the Wavetrac Limited Slip Front Differential for MkIV Golf/Jetta/Bora/Beetle models equipped with the 02J 5-Speed Manual Transmission!
- Designed & Manufactured in the USA
- Built With High Strength 9310 Alloy Steel
- Exclusively Made, High Strength Fasteners By ARP®
- Enhanced No-Load Bias Ratio
- Interchangeable Friction Plates
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- 1999 - 2004 Volkswagen Golf 5-MT (MkIV)
- 1999 - 2004 Volkswagen Jetta 5-MT (MkIV)
- 1998 - 2004 Volkswagen Beetle 5-MT (MkIV)
Enhanced No-Load Bias Ratio via Wave Design Center Pack
One of the known shortcomings of a typical torque biasing differential is its loss of drive (behaving much like an open diff) under zero or near-zero torque conditions (for example, when there is 'no-load' applied through the drivetrain, either at vehicle stationary and/or transition from engine driving vehicle to engine braking and back).
The Wavetrac® differential uses a patent pending design to improve grip in low traction conditions. Precisely engineered, converging / diverging wave profiles are placed on one side gear and its mating preload hub. As the two side gears rotate relative to each other, each wave surface climbs the other, causing them to move apart. This imparts an increased normal force through the side gears, increasing the bias ratio as a function of load. This increase occurs automatically only when conditions find it necessary, and it 'reverts' back to its nominal bias ratio quickly and seamlessly, maintaining optimal drivability and performance at all times. It's like having two differentials in one: you get the benefit of a higher bias ratio when needed without detriment to the car's handling.
Interchangeable Friction Plates Provide Controlled Bias
Here's something else you won't find in any other design:
The Wavetrac® differentials behavior can be altered in the field to suit your needs. It comes standard with carbon-fiber bias plates for the best all around performance. Interchangeable plates using materials with different friction coefficients to fine-tune the bias ratio are sold separately.
These friction plates provide a mechanism to tune the response of the differential as a function of applied torque load. The applied torque load manifests itself as an axial load from the differential pinions into the housing. This axial force is then considered a normal force into the friction plate, and as a function of the effective coefficient of friction, will provide a resistive torque to the rotational motion of the differential pinions. The resistive torque will add to the resistance of relative rotation of all components within the differential. The resistive force, however, is non-uniform since it is a function of the axial load from the differential pinions. The unbalance of the resistive torque will manifest as non-uniform energy absorption within the differential causing a bias ratio.
Superior Design, Materials, and Construction
Designed from a clean sheet, the new Wavetrac® Differential brings current gear technology to the market. Internally, its gear tooth forms are optimized for strength and improved oil film retention over competitive designs. Our gear package is smaller, reducing overall mass, yet is more durable. Attention was also paid to the side gear/axle interface, putting as much material thickness as possible in this critical area - most important when power levels get high.
Each Wavetrac® Differential is crafted from the highest quality materials available. The internal gears are made from high strength 9310 alloy steel. The diff bodies are machined from case hardened steel billet. To complete the package, every Wavetrac® differential is built using high quality, high strength fasteners exclusively from ARP®, the world leader in fastener technology.
- Sway Bar End Links, Motorsport, Front, B5/B6/B7 Audi A4/S4/RS4 & C5 A6/S6/RS6Special Price $174.60 Regular Price $194.00
- Motor Mount Pair, Motorsport, B6, B7, and C5 Audi V8As low as $272.70 Regular Price $303.00
- Sway Bar End Links, Motorsport, Rear, Adjustable, B6/B7 Audi A4/S4/RS4 Quattro & FWDSpecial Price $190.80 Regular Price $212.00
- 034Motorsport Solid Rear Sway Bar, B6/B7 Audi A4/S4/RS4 Quattro & FWD, AdjustableSpecial Price $252.00 Regular Price $280.00
- 034Motorsport Rear Differential Carrier Mount Insert Kit, B6/B7 Audi A4/S4/RS4, Billet AluminumSpecial Price $103.50 Regular Price $115.00
- Transmission Mount, Density Line, 6-Speed Manual & CVT B6/B7 Audi A4/S4/RS4As low as $94.50 Regular Price $105.00
Warning: This product may contain a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm.
Learn More: www.p65warnings.ca.gov