X34 Carbon Fiber 4" Closed Top Intake Bundle Audi TT RS & RS3 2.5 TFSI EVO
Are you ready for the best performing DAZA intake on the market? The X34 Carbon Fiber Audi 8S TTRS and 8V.5 RS3 4” Closed-Top Intake Bundle for the 2.5 TFSI EVO is a combination of our X34 Carbon Fiber Closed-Top 4” Cold Air Intake and the X34 Carbon Fiber Fresh Air Duct and Lower Airbox packaged together. This intake offers horsepower and torque gains throughout the powerband, with peak gains of up to 33 crank horsepower and 36 ft-lbs of torque on stock turbo tunes with 4” inlets. 034Motorsport engineers worked hard to develop a complete cold air intake solution for the TTRS and RS3 that yields horsepower and torque gains over the well-designed factory airbox, ultimately resulting in this beautifully-manufactured Carbon Fiber Closed-Top Cold Air Intake System. NOTE: For 2019+ models, you must also purchase this adapter kit: 034-108-Z074 Installation Effort: MEDIUM
034Motorsport is pleased to present our X34 Carbon Fiber Closed-Top Intake Bundle for the 2.5 TFSI EVO engine found in the 8S Audi TTRS and 8V.5 Audi RS3!
034Motorsport’s engineers spent extensive effort to develop a complete cold air intake solution for the TTRS and RS3 that yields airflow and pressure drop gains over the well-designed factory airbox, which can lead to higher horsepower and torque gains in applications that require higher airflow, like upgraded turbos. During the development process, many iterations were designed, prototyped, and tested, which resulted in this beautifully-manufactured Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake System that flows better than no intake at all.
034Motorsport engineers first created a CFD-optimized carbon fiber intake tube, which is a direct, high-performance replacement for the plastic factory accordion hose. Using CAD software and 3D scanning technology, 034Motorsport was able to optimize the cross-sectional area of the intake tube while being mindful of space constraints. The resulting part is a functional work of art - maximizing performance given the factory space constraints and featuring smooth transitions that ensure optimal airflow to the turbo inlet.
Minimizing Unnecessary Filter Shrouding
034Motorsport focuses on optimizing every aspect of the intake system across a broad range of variables and compromises. A critical component of a high-flowing performance intake is the ability for air to flow around and into the filter. If the air cannot flow freely around the filter, it will be restricted from getting into it. Many aftermarket kits fit too large of a filter in an enclosure that cannot accommodate its size, thus choking the filter and reducing its overall flow. This often happens when a product is engineered for one variable at the expense of others. 034Motorsport conducted extensive tests and refined its development of the intake design to allow for maximum airflow surrounding the air filter, allowing for optimal airflow to, and through, the filter. The final result is the right size filter in the right size filter housing, creating maximum airflow and performance with OEM level filtering; the ultimate goal of any intake system. Be cautious of any intake that brags only of air filter size without taking into account the detrimental effects of shrouding the filter.
4" Diameter For Maximum Performance
034Motorsport engineers identified a serious bottleneck in the factory intake system. The factory, 2.8” turbo inlet size, which necks down even smaller throughout the unit, is by far the largest restriction in the intake system after a performance filter system is installed. Many aftermarket companies, including 034Motorsport, have solved this issue by increasing the turbo inlet diameter, thus warranting an intake that supports the added flow gain. The 4” diameter intake kit is designed to support upgraded 4” turbo inlets that can be used on factory, hybrid, and full frame turbochargers. It has been validated that this intake works with the majority of aftermarket inlet options, but has been optimized to work with the upcoming 034Motorsport 4” turbo inlet.
Minimizing Intake Air Temperature
To ensure that the 034Motorsport X34 Closed-Top Cold Air Intake System draws in cool, dense air, the system includes a fully enclosed carbon fiber heat shield to replace the upper airbox as well as a stainless steel heat shield to block heat from saturating the intake tube. The upper carbon fiber heat shield bolts to the upgraded lower air box/fresh air duct, allowing the high-flow conical filter to breathe cold air from the inlet duct before the radiator. The stainless steel heat shield bolts to the stock intake tube mounting point and to the back of the head, preventing the high temperatures from the exhaust header and turbo from radiating directly at the intake tube. Both heat shields work together to minimize pre-turbo intake air temperature.
Performance Air Filter
The 034Motorsport Carbon Fiber Closed-Top Cold Air Intake system houses a high-flow conical air filter with double-layer pleated cotton filtration medium. This air filter design offers increased flow through an enlarged filtration surface, while ensuring superior filtration. We have tested this air filter in applications over 800HP with minimal restriction, and superior OEM quality air filtration.
OEM+ Fit & Finish
034Motorsport carefully selected the carbon fiber weave on the intake tube, upper airbox heat shield, lower airbox, and fresh air duct to match the factory carbon fiber engine trim found in the Audi TTRS & RS3 2.5 TFSI engine bay. The 034Motorsport Audi TTRS & RS3 X34 Carbon Fiber Closed-Top Intake Bundle Cold Air Intake System was designed to fit like a factory part, and mates directly using factory provisions to provide an OEM+ look.
Designed For More
While the testing above has verified the substantial power gains that this intake kit provides for stock turbo equipped vehicles, 034Motorsport designed the X34 4” intake systems to also support much larger hybrid and full frame turbocharger systems. With the help of independent customers and tuners, 034Motorsport has verified that the 4” intake system is more than capable of supporting 800+whp builds, with no restrictions measured or observed in data logging and Dyno testing.
X34 CARBON FIBER FRESH AIR DUCT AND LOWER AIRBOX PRESSURE DROP IMPROVEMENTS
Pressure Drop is the difference in ambient air pressure and the air pressure measured at the turbo inlet across the engine's rpm range. The higher the pressure drop at any given rpm, the more restrictive the intake system is, reducing airflow.
|Intake Configuration||Chart Color||Pressure Drop|
|X34 4” Closed Top CAI w/ X34 Lower Airbox and Fresh Air Duct||Yellow||-0.75 psi|
|Stock Intake||White||-1.19 psi|
Mustang Dyno-Verified Wheel Horsepower & Torque Gains
034Motorsport's engineering and development efforts were validated on multiple vehicles using our Mustang AWD Dynamometer to ensure that the 034Motorsport Audi TTRS & RS3 4” Closed-Top Cold Air Intake System provided substantial increases in horsepower and torque on both stock turbo vehicles and ones with upgraded turbo kits alike.
Peak Wheel Horsepower & Torque with Stage 2 E85
- Stock Intake w/4” inlet: 488 WHP / 459 WTQ
- 034 X34 4” Intake w/4” inlet: 503 WHP / 462 WTQ
- Peak Crank Gains: 19.7 HP / 15.7 TQ
Product Features & Details
- Fits both right hand drive and left hand drive configurations
- High-Quality Carbon Fiber Construction
- High Gloss Epoxy Finish
- OEM+ Fit & Finish
- Dyno-Proven Horsepower & Torque Gains
- Increased Engine & Induction Sounds
- Improved Throttle Response
- Large-Diameter CFD-Optimized Air Intake Tube
- Improved Airflow from Factory Airbox & Intake Tube
- Reduced Intake Air Temperature
- High Performance Pleated Cotton Air Filter
- Full 4" intake tube for upgraded turbo inlets
- Includes two high temp silicone couplers to accommodate OE size turbo inlets, or aftermarket 4" inlets
- X34 Carbon Fiber Fresh Air Duct
- X34 Carbon Fiber Lower Airbox
- X34 Carbon Fiber Closed-Top Upper Airbox
- X34 Carbon Fiber 4” Air Intake Tube
- 034Motorsport Double-Layer Pleated Air Filter
- 034Motorsport Stainless Steel Heat Shield
- 034Motorsport Silicone Coupler
- Installation Hardware
Early non-US 8V.5 Fitment Note
- Please note that very early non-US 8V.5 Audi RS3's come with a heat shield that is not compatible with the 034Motorsport Auxiliary Heat Shield supplied with this intake kit.
- The newer style OE heat shield can be purchased from an Audi dealer for under $100 USD. The OE part number is 07K 129 597 G. Once installed, the 034Motorsport Auxiliary Heat Shield can also be installed.
- The older style OE heat shield that is not compatible is shown in the photo below.
- This product is sold for racing use as well as use on vehicles not registered for on highway use.
- By purchasing this product, you understand that this product is sold for racing use as well as used on vehicles not registered for on highway use, and that it is not legal for use on highway or street vehicles.
|Audi||RS3||2017+||8V.5||2.5 TFSI EVO|
|Audi||TTRS||2018+||8S||2.5 TFSI EVO|
- 034Motorsport 2.5TFSI EVO Performance Software, 8V/8S Audi RS3/TTRS
As low as $160.00 Regular Price $200.00
- Dynamic+ DSG Software Upgrade for Audi 8V.5 RS3 and 8S TTRS DQ500 Transmission
As low as $480.00 Regular Price $600.00
- Cast Stainless Steel Racing Downpipe, Audi 8S TTRS and 8V.5 RS3Special Price $1,064.00 Regular Price $1,330.00
- Res-X Racing Midpipes, Audi TTRS 8S RS3 8V.5 QuattroSpecial Price $265.50 Regular Price $295.00
- 034Motorsport Billet Spherical Dogbone Mount Performance Pack with Dogbone Pucks, Audi 8V.5 RS3 and 8S TTRSSpecial Price $341.10 Regular Price $379.00
- Billet Aluminum MQB Rear Subframe Mount Inserts, 8V/8V.5 Audi A3/S3/RS3 Quattro, MkIII Audi TT/TTS/TTRS Quattro, & MkVII Volkswagen Golf RSpecial Price $129.60 Regular Price $144.00
Warning: This product may contain a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm.
Learn More: www.p65warnings.ca.gov