X34 Carbon Fiber Intake System, Audi B9/B9.5 SQ5 3.0 TFSI
034Motorsport's X34 Carbon Fiber Intake System delivers improved power, sound, and acceleration to B9/B9.5 Audi SQ5 owners in a clean OEM+ package. Through extensive evaluation of the factory air duct and airbox designs, 034Motorsport's engineers were able to create a performance replacement that allows for increased airflow to the turbocharger and engine. The X34 Carbon Fiber Intake System offers measurable performance improvements, simple bolt-on installation, and unsurpassed fit and finish. Installation Effort: MILD
Significant effort went into developing this comprehensive performance intake solution for the turbocharged 3.0 TFSI engine found in the latest generation B9/B9.5 Audi SQ5. Subsequently, the X34 Carbon Fiber Intake System offers discerning enthusiasts measurable increases in horsepower and torque, sporty induction and turbocharger sounds, and a beautiful carbon fiber airbox and inlet pipe design.
Throughout the development process, multiple designs were modeled, prototyped, and tested - all to ensure that the X34 Carbon Fiber Intake System delivers measurable performance benefits and superb fitment. The result is a partially-enclosed airbox which uses a functional carbon fiber air inlet duct, housing a massive 5" inlet conical air filter, and a matching CFD-optimized carbon fiber filter tube.
Minimizing Unnecessary Filter Shrouding:
034Motorsport focuses on optimizing every aspect of the intake system across a broad range of variables and compromises. A critical component of a high-flowing performance intake is the ability for air to flow around and into the filter. If the air cannot flow freely around the filter, it will be restricted from getting into it.
Many aftermarket kits fit too large of a filter in an enclosure that cannot accommodate its size, thus choking the filter and reducing its overall flow. This often happens when a product is engineered for one variable at the expense of others. 034Motorsport conducted extensive tests and refined its development of the intake design to allow for maximum airflow surrounding the air filter, allowing for optimal airflow to, and through, the filter.
The final result is the right size filter in the right size filter housing, creating maximum airflow and performance with OEM level filtering; the ultimate goal of any intake system. Be cautious of any intake that brags only of air filter size, without taking into account the detrimental effects of shrouding the filter.
- Developed In-House by 034Motorsport's Engineering Team
- Fits Both Left and Right Hand Drive Configurations
- High-Quality Carbon Fiber Air Duct, Airbox, and Intake Tube
- Strong and Lightweight Carbon Fiber Construction
- Increased Scoop Size Over Stock for More Airflow
- High-Gloss Epoxy Finish
- OEM+ Fit and Finish
- Dyno-Proven Horsepower and Torque Gains
- Improved Airflow from Factory Airbox and Intake Tube
- Enhanced Engine Induction Sounds
- Improved Throttle Response
- Massive 5" Inlet, 1003 CFM, Conical Pleated Cotton Air Filter
- Filter is unshrouded, Unlike Other Intakes, to Provide Maximum Air Flow
- Large-Diameter CFD-Optimized Carbon Fiber Filter Tube
- Reduced Intake Air Temperature
- Securely Installs Using Factory Mounts
- Simple, Straightforward Installation Instructions
- No Modifications Required
- Completely Reversible Installation
- 2018 - Present Audi SQ5 3.0T EA839
- 034Motorsport Carbon Fiber Airbox
- 034Motorsport Carbon Fiber Intake Tube
- 034Motorsport Carbon Fiber Air Duct
- 034Motorsport 5" High Flow Air Filter
- Assorted Hardware
OE Part Interchange:
- 80A 133 835 D
- 80A 133 835 AG
- 80A 133 835 AP
- 80A 129 618 B
- This product is sold for racing use as well as use on vehicles not registered for on highway use.
- By purchasing this product, you understand that this product is sold for racing use as well as used on vehicles not registered for on highway use, and that it is not legal for use on highway or street vehicles.
Measurable Performance Gains:
There are several ways to quantify the performance of an engine system's intake, the intake being the air box with filter that allows ambient air to enter the engines induction system that ultimately leads to the intake manifold. Ultimately how easily air flows through the intake filter and air box assembly determines how much the engine is restricted as it ingests air to combust it with fuel, and intake that restricts air flow will restrict the amount of air the engine can take in, which limits the power it can produce. Optimally, an intake should pose no restriction to the engine, so that the engine can ingest as much air as possible to produce the power it has the potential to produce. Typically factory intakes do this well, but as power is increased, the factory intakes pose more restriction and thus limit the power potential of the engine.
At 034Motorsport we express our intake performance in pressure drop, CFM airflow and a Horsepower and TQ test. The most reliable of these 3 are pressure drop and CFM as these can be discreetly quantified for any intake in a very controlled way that allows the comparison of various intake system's performance potentials. The HP test is the most relative as it relies on many other factors that affect the power output of the engine including ECU tuning, exhaust modifications, turbo system modifications etc. Since the intake doesn't produce power itself, it only supports it, the actual power produced is always going to depend on the engine's performance and also if it has a supercharger or turbocharger system involved.
When you see 034Motorsport's accurately tested and advertised flow data, you can be assured that the intake you are considering has a substantively engineered flow increase to support your future power goals and activities.
CFM stands for "cubic feet per minute" of airflow, the higher the number, the higher the horsepower an intake can support, at 034Motorsport we design our intakes to have substantial flow increases over the factory intake, we test all our intakes at 28" of water (how much vacuum is used to suck air through the intake) on a Superflow airflow bench which gives us very accurate and repeatable test results. A stock intake that flows 200CFM may only freely support about 300HP, an intake that flows 400CFM can support roughly twice that power or 600HP.
- Stock Intake: 588 CFM @28” H2O
- X34 Intake: 776 CFM @28” H2O
PRESSURE DROP Improvements:
Pressure Drop is the difference in ambient air pressure and the air pressure measured at the supercharger inlet across the engine's rpm range. The higher the pressure drop at any given rpm, the more restrictive the intake system is, reducing airflow.
- Stock Intake: Peak Pressure Drop of 2.22 PSI at 6,500 RPM
- X34 Intake: Peak Pressure Drop of 1.64 PSI at 6,500 RPM
DYNO-PROVEN PERFORMANCE GAINS:
The X34 Carbon Fiber Intake System for the B9/B9.5 Audi SQ5 was engineered with performance in mind, and is a free-flowing replacement for the factory airbox and turbocharger inlet hose. As the development of this intake progressed, the X34 Carbon Fiber Intake System yielded measurable reduction in pressure drop at the turbo inlet compared to the factory airbox, with a corresponding increase in horsepower and torque throughout the powerband.
PEAK GAINS IN HORSEPOWER & TORQUE:
- Peak Horsepower Gain: 19 HP @ 4,950 RPM
- Peak Torque Gain: 20 FT-LBS @ 4,950 RPM
Select Dyno Chart:
The installation of your is a straightforward process that will take approximately 1 hour to complete. You can access our detailed installation guide by clicking the icon on the left.
|Part Number Interchange||80A 133 835 D, 80A 133 835 AG, 80A 133 835 AP, 80A 129 618 B|
- ZTF-R01 Forged Wheel, 21x10 ET32, 66.6mm Bore, Audi B8/B9 Q5/SQ5
From $827.10 Regular Price $919.00
Warning: This product may contain a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm.
Learn More: www.p65warnings.ca.gov