X34 Carbon Fiber Open-Top Intake Bundle Audi TT RS & RS3 2.5 TFSI EVO
034Motorsport is pleased to present our X34 Carbon Fiber Audi 8S TTRS and 8V.5 RS3 Open-Top Intake Bundle for the 2.5 TFSI EVO! This bundle is a combination of our X34 Carbon Fiber Open-Top Cold Air Intake and the X34 Carbon Fiber Fresh Air Duct and Lower Airbox packaged together.
This intake offers horsepower and torque gains throughout the powerband, with peak gains of up to 21 crank horsepower and 16 ft-lbs of torque on stock turbo tunes.
034Motorsport engineers worked hard to develop a complete cold air intake solution for the TTRS and RS3 that yields horsepower and torque gains over the well-designed factory airbox, ultimately resulting in this beautifully-manufactured Carbon Fiber Open-Top Cold Air Intake System.
NOTE: For 2019+ models, you must also purchase this adapter kit: 034-108-Z074 Installation Effort: MILD
034Motorsport is pleased to present our X34 Carbon Fiber Open-Top Intake Bundle for the 2.5 TFSI EVO engine found in the 8S Audi TTRS and 8V.5 Audi RS3!
034Motorsport’s engineers spent extensive effort to develop a complete cold air intake solution for the TTRS and RS3 that yields airflow and pressure drop gains over the well-designed factory airbox, which can lead to higher horsepower and torque gains in applications that require higher airflow, like upgraded turbos. During the development process, many iterations were designed, prototyped, and tested, which resulted in this beautifully-manufactured Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake System that flows better than no intake at all.
034Motorsport engineers first created a CFD-optimized carbon fiber intake tube, which is a direct, high-performance replacement for the plastic factory accordion hose. Using CAD software and 3D scanning technology, 034Motorsport was able to optimize the cross-sectional area of the intake tube while being mindful of space constraints. The resulting part is a functional work of art - maximizing performance given the factory space constraints and featuring smooth transitions that ensure optimal airflow to the turbo inlet.
Minimizing Intake Air Temperature
To ensure that the 034Motorsport X34 Open-Top Cold Air Intake System draws in cool, dense air, the system includes a carbon fiber heat shield to replace the upper airbox as well as a stainless steel heat shield to block heat from saturating the intake tube. The upper carbon fiber heat shield bolts to the factory lower airbox, allowing the high-flow conical filter to breathe cold air from the factory inlet duct before the radiator. The stainless steel heat shield bolts to the stock intake tube mounting point and to the back of the head, preventing the high temperatures from the exhaust header and turbo from radiating directly at the intake tube. Both heat shields work together to minimize pre-turbo intake air temperature.
Performance Air Filter
The 034Motorsport Carbon Fiber Open-Top Cold Air Intake system houses a high-flow conical air filter with double-layer pleated cotton filtration medium. This air filter design offers increased flow through an enlarged filtration surface, while ensuring superior filtration.
OEM+ Fit & Finish
034Motorsport carefully selected the carbon fiber weave on the intake tube and upper airbox heat shield to match the factory carbon fiber engine trim found in the Audi TTRS & RS3 2.5 TFSI engine bay. The 034Motorsport Audi TTRS & RS3 X34 Carbon Fiber Open-Top Intake Bundle Cold Air Intake System was designed to fit like a factory part, and mates directly using factory provisions to provide an OEM+ look.
X34 Carbon Fiber Fresh Air Duct and Lower Airbox Pressure Drop Improvements
Pressure Drop is the difference in ambient air pressure and the air pressure measured at the turbo inlet across the engine's rpm range. The higher the pressure drop at any given rpm, the more restrictive the intake system is, reducing airflow.
|Intake Configuration||Chart |
|X34 Open Top CAI w/ X34 Lower Airbox and Fresh Air Duct||Green||-2.43 psi|
|X34 Closed Top CAI w/ X34 Lower Airbox and Fresh Air Duct||Yellow||-2.52 psi|
|No Intake (Open Turbo Inlet)||Blue||-2.50 psi|
|X34 Closed Top CAI w/ Stock Lower Airbox||Gray||-2.61 psi|
|Stock Intake||Red||-2.77 psi|
Dyno-Verified Wheel Horsepower & Torque Gains
034Motorsport's engineering and development efforts were validated on multiple vehicles using our Mustang AWD Dynamometer to ensure that the 034Motorsport Audi TTRS & RS3 Open-Top Cold Air Intake System provided substantial increases in horsepower and torque on both stock turbo vehicles and ones with upgraded turbo kits alike.
Peak Wheel Horsepower & Torque with Stage 2 E85
- Stock Intake: 456 WHP / 430 WTQ
- 034 X34 Intake: 472 WHP / 442 WTQ
- Peak Gains: 21 WHP / 16 WTQ @6,950 RPM
Product Features & Details
- Fits both right hand drive and left hand drive configurations
- High-Quality Carbon Fiber Construction
- High Gloss Epoxy Finish
- OEM+ Fit & Finish
- Dyno-Proven Horsepower & Torque Gains
- Increased Engine & Induction Sounds
- Improved Throttle Response
- Large-Diameter CFD-Optimized Air Intake Tube
- Improved Airflow from Factory Airbox & Intake Tube
- Reduced Intake Air Temperature
- High Performance Pleated Cotton Air Filter
- X34 Carbon Fiber Fresh Air Duct
- X34 Carbon Fiber Lower Airbox
- X34 Carbon Fiber Open-Top Upper Airbox
- X34 Carbon Fiber Air Intake Tube
- 034Motorsport Double-Layer Pleated Air Filter
- 034Motorsport Stainless Steel Heat Shield
- 034Motorsport Silicone Coupler
- Installation Hardware
Early non-US 8V.5 Fitment Note
- Please note that very early non-US 8V.5 Audi RS3's come with a heat shield that is not compatible with the 034Motorsport Auxiliary Heat Shield supplied with this intake kit.
- The newer style OE heat shield can be purchased from an Audi dealer for under $100 USD. The OE part number is 07K 129 597 G. Once installed, the 034Motorsport Auxiliary Heat Shield can also be installed.
- The older style OE heat shield that is not compatible is shown in the photo below.
- This product is sold for racing use as well as use on vehicles not registered for on highway use.
- By purchasing this product, you understand that this product is sold for racing use as well as used on vehicles not registered for on highway use, and that it is not legal for use on highway or street vehicles.
|Audi||RS3||2017-2018||8V.5-MQB||2.5TFSI EVO DAZA|
|Audi||RS3||2022+||8Y||2.5 TFSI EVO|
|Audi||TTRS||2018||8S-MQB||2.5TFSI EVO DAZA|
NOTE: For 2019+ models, you must also purchase this adapter kit: 034-108-Z074
The installation of your is a straightforward process but will take approximately 1 hour to complete. You can access our detailed installation guide by clicking the icon on the left.
- 034Motorsport 2.5TFSI EVO Performance Software, 8V/8S Audi RS3/TTRS
As low as $200.00
Warning: This product may contain a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm.
Learn More: www.p65warnings.ca.gov