3.0T Advanced Launch Control Features Now Available!
Advanced Launch Control available now for 3.0T Equipped B8/8.5 S4/S5!
Once again, 034Motorsport has pushed the boundaries of what is possible for the 3.0T Supercharged engines found in many Audi’s through our Dynamic+ tuning! After extensive development and refinement by our world-class tuning team, all existing and future 034Motorsport tuning customers will have access to all-new Advanced Launch Control programs.
These features allow you to customize your desired launch RPM on the fly via your cruise control stalk, run the intercooler pumps and engine fans at full speed to allow for full cooling during staging prior to drag racing. This provides a large advantage over factory launching protocols as it results in the coolest possible IATs, and allows the driver to adjust their launch settings to be the most optimal for their conditions.
Two variants of Advanced Launch Control:
In order to have Advanced Launch Control work on every car, we created two variants. The first is the Soft LC variant found on Non-Test Pipe files, designed to function with stock or high flow catalytic converters. This launch variant is completely safe to be used with catalytic converters installed, as it utilizes a factory rev limiter style.
The second variant is the Ignition Cut LC variant found on our Test-Pipe* files. This file is designed for cars that are running test pipes or no catalytic converters for RACING USE ONLY. This variant is not permitted for on-road use on emissions controlled vehicles. You will experience much louder pops, as well as flames coming out of the tailpipe, making this unsafe for catalytic converters.
A breakdown of how both variants work
Advanced Launch Control features are enabled via cruise control stalk position:
CC off = Normal Launch Control
- All existing forms of Launch Control will be activated (multi-point Launch Control adjusted by gas pedal position)
- Fans and Coolant Pump will function as normal
CC on = 034 Advanced Launch Control Mode
- Enables full speed engine fans and intercooler pump, allowing for full cooling during staging and less power draw when racing
- Note: if battery voltage drops too low fans will automatically power down to ensure the battery is not drained too far.
- Note 2: When idling engine RPM's may increase from time to time to allow the alternator to provide more power for the fans
- User-selectable launch RPM
- When the vehicle is stopped the following cruise control stalk functions are enabled:
- Pull CC stalk to "Resume" to see the current setpoint on the tachometer
- Bump "Speed +" to increase the setpoint by 100RPM
- Bump "Speed -" to decrease the setpoint by 100RPM
- Press and hold "Set" while pressing brake when in park/neutral and rev engine to the desired RPM, release "Set" to lock Launch RPM at that exact point
- RPM Ranges
- Default RPM target: 2500RPM (will set to default after long power-off time, short on/off durations will not reset the launch rpm)
- Minimum RPM target: 1800RPM
- Maximum RPM target: 5000RPM
- Comfort Mode vs Dynamic Mode for Test Pipe* files
- If you are running the Test Pipe* file, you can toggle between Soft LC and Ignition cut LC based upon your Drive select mode.
- Comfort Mode: Soft LC, No Crackles
- Dynamic Mode: Ignition Cut LC, Crackles enabled
- Notes for Ignition Cut LC variant:
FOR RACING USE ONLY
- LOUD THINGS WILL HAPPEN
- With the Ignition Cut LC variant, Flames are likely to occur out the tailpipes, due to the temperatures involved extended durations of full load operation in launch mode are not recommended.
How do I launch the car with the Advanced Launch Control?
Using Advanced Launch Control is very easy. As stated above, toggle the cruise control stalk into the ON position, and set your desired launch RPM via the methods above. Once your desired RPM has been set (which you can confirm by pulling forward on the CC stalk while idling), simply push the brake pedal all the way down, then the gas pedal, and release the brake pedal when you are ready to launch.
Vehicles with manual transmissions will follow all of the steps above to enable launch control, but instead of pressing the brake pedal, they will depress the clutch pedal. The launch rpm hold will release automatically as soon as the clutch is released.
How do I download this new update?
**The new Advanced Launch Control tuning is ECU based. Look for ECU Variant “R7.0 + Advanced Launch” in your flashing portal. DSG equipped cars must also flash the accompanying DSG tune marked “+Advanced Launch”**
Installing this new update is very easy! Simply connect your Dynamic+ End User Flashing Cable to your cars OBD 2 port, and open the Dynamic+ flashing portal on your laptop. From there, select your ECU controller to be ID’d. Once ID’d, you will be able to access the calibrations available for your box code. Simply select the proper variant with the attached note of “+Advanced Launch” and follow the standard flashing process.
Once the ECU is flashed successfully, you must flash the accompanying DSG advanced launch control file (not necessarily for manual transmission vehicles).
NOTE: Be sure to select the proper file for your catalyst setup. Running the Test-Pipe file with catalytic converters installed can result in damage to your cats, high backpressure, or engine damage. Test Pipe files are for Racing Use Only!
Once installed, simply verify the new launch features are working properly by pulling your cruise control stalk towards you. If the tachometer jumps to and holds at 2500, then it is enabled and ready to be used!