Sachs Motorsports Clutch Kit with SIngle Mass Flywheel for MKV/MkVI Volkswagen GTI 2.0 TSI
034Motorsport is proud to offer this Sachs Motorsports Clutch Kit with Single Mass Flywheel for the MkV/MkVI Volkswagen GTI 2.0 TSI!
Rated by Sachs for 600+Nm of torque, this clutch kit features a high-performance sintered clutch disc and upgraded pressure plate with increased clamping force to offer increased torque holding capacity without sacrificing pedal feel, engagement, and driveability.
At 15.8lbs, the included single mass steel flywheel is 60% lighter than the factory dual mass unit. This provides significantly improved engine response and acceleration characteristics.
We recommend this clutch kit for vehicles with upgraded turbo kits or extended heavy track use.
- Increased Holding Capactiy Over Organic Friction Material
- Aggressive Start Performance
- Superior Thermal Resistance
- Longer Life Span
- 15.8lb Steel Single Mass Flywheel
- Made in Germany!
- Sachs Performance Sintered Clutch Disc
- Sachs Performance Reinforced Clutch Cover (Pressure Plate)
- Sachs Steel Single Mass Flywheel
- 2006 - 2009 Volkswagen GTI 2.0 TSI (MkV) with 6-Speed Manual Transmission
- 2010 - 2014 Volkswagen GTI 2.0 TSI (MkVI) with 6-Speed Manual Transmission
Note about break-in: This clutch uses a heavy duty clutch disc that performs well in very high torque use that produce extreme shear forces and heat. In order to gain this performance advantage, the disc friction material is much harder and more robust than the typical OEM organic disc. In addition, the disc backing plate, what the friction material is riveted to, is much more rigid. OEM clutch discs use a type of belleville spring washer to allow the disc to compress and be compliant when being clamped between the pressure plate and flywheel friction surfaces. These high performance clutches, however, use a solid steel backing plate which does not compress at all, this type of construction gives the disc its incredible strength, but means that the disc will require more break-in time than the compliant OEM counterpart. Keep in mind that this clutch may have trouble fully disengaging the first time it's used, and will require much more break-in than the OEM clutch to achieve normal use. Typically up to 1000 miles of use is normal to get full break-in. Be sure break-in use consists of generous stop and go as well as shifting, the slipping action as the clutch is engaged is what facilitates the break-in process. Ultimately the break-in process is one that allows the clutch disc to conform to the pressure plate and flywheel friction surfaces, once these surfaces conform to each other they perform very well and offer the maximum clutch holding power possible. Be patient with initial use and driving and you'll be rewarded with an incredible performing clutch system!
- Motor Mount Pair, Density Line, MkV & MkVI Volkswagen, 8J & 8P Audi, 2.0T FSIAs low as $263.70 Regular Price $293.00
- Strut Mount, Track Density, MkV & MkVI Volkswagen, 8J & 8P AudiSpecial Price $61.20 Regular Price $68.00
- Control Arm Pair, Density line, Rear Upper Adjustable, Volkswagen & Audi PQ35, MQB, and MQB EVOSpecial Price $355.50 Regular Price $395.00
- 034Motorsport Solid Rear Sway Bar, MkV/MkVI Volkswagen Golf/GTI/Jetta/GLI/Rabbit & 8J/8P Audi TT/A3 FWD, AdjustableSpecial Price $256.50 Regular Price $285.00
- Sway Bar End Link Pair, Motorsport, Front, Adjustable, Volkswagen & Audi PQ35, MQB, and MQB EVOSpecial Price $265.50 Regular Price $295.00
Warning: This product may contain a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm.
Learn More: www.p65warnings.ca.gov